A UK Family Travel Blog

16 Sept 2016

UK Family Fun On Tour | Kelly from Cygnet Careers

Welcome to our third post in my 'UK Family Fun' on tour series. Today we are handing the reins over to Kelly who is a change facilitator and offers career guidance in the North East. Check out her website here. Over to Kelly.......

1 - Which UK town or city has your heart?

Newcastle has my heart - of course! It's my home city. My favourite places in Newcastle are the Quayside, Eldon Square and I love wandering through the buildings at Newcastle University and Grey Street - love the history of the place.



2 - Which UK beach is your favourite? Why do you love it so much?

I don't think  could pick one beach as we have so many great ones.  I love all the local ones - Whitley Bay, Tynemouth Longsands, King Edwards in Tynemouth, Cullercoats bay and Cambois and Newbiggin are my favourites in Northumberland.  I spent long summer days in my childhood on Tynemouth Longsands and at Cullercoats Bay and have Whitley By beach at the bottom of my street now, so love walking along the beach after work, whatever the weather.
3 - Which theme park/zoo/attraction in the UK would you recommend as somewhere everyone must visit and why? 

I loved Lightwater Valley as a teenager and Edinburgh zoo is probably the one I've visited most often as its closest, but I went to Twycross Zoo about 10 - 15 years ago and that was a great zoo too. It was a long time ago but I can still remember the chimpanzees picking their noses and eating it...... urrrrghhh!



4 - Where was your favourite place in the UK to visit as a child?
I often holidayed in Scotland when I was very little - going to places like Pit Lockery to stay in a caravan and later I used to go camping with my grandparents. I remember going to Hawes which is in Yorkshire and we had picnics on the grass outside the tent and my Grandma cooked on a little gas stove.  Which thinking back probably wasn't much of a holiday for her.  I remember my Granda teaching me how to fly a kite with limited success!
5 - Do you have any UK breaks planned in the next 12 months?
I don't have any UK breaks planned at the moment but my favourite places to visit are York and Edinburgh.  I think the company of who you're with is the most important part of any trip though - if you're with people who make you laugh and you can be yourself with, then any trip can be memorable for the right reasons!
6 - Where is on your UK travel bucket list?

I don't really do bucket lists but I'd love to go back to London at some point and be a real tourist. 


7 - Share with us a hidden gem in the UK and let us know why it’s so special

I don't really know of any hidden gems in the UK - we tend to stay at home as my husband doesn't like travel, but I definitely want to go to more places.  I need to get better at planning so I can do more of that!
8 - Can you recommend a UK holiday resort, hotel or accommodation for families and let us know why it stands out for you

Travel hasn't been at the top of my agenda so far in my life, but I am going to make it more of a priority in future.

Thank you so much Kelly - if you do re-visit London I can highly recommend the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace audio tours

Follow Cygnet Careers | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Family Fun | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig